As soon as people plan to travel to a new country they start their preparations by making a traveling checklist which normally consists of tasks related to luggage packing, hotel reservations and booking an airline service. However, all these preparations are related to pre-travelling concerns, but is that all?
Knowing a few things, will make your travel and stay in the local country a lot more easier. This includes gaining a fair understanding of different aspects the country such as culture, tradition, language, beliefs, way of living, etc. Getting to know about these aspects of a country is extremely important.
Here are the five things you must consider before visiting a foreign land:
- Language and Communication: Whether you desire to express yourself to someone or want to ask for essentials like restrooms, food or locations, none of this is possible without communication. Hence, one should have a decent know how about the language and communication of the foreign country. Learn some basics like greetings, asking directions, numbering and general communication norms before going to a new country.
- Customs: Customs are the deeply embedded practices of people in their day to day routine. You must follow the local customs of the visited country to avoid any disobedience of the tradition or laws.
- Culture: Culture is what truly defines the values, beliefs and tradition of a country. It dictates people’s behavior towards each other and ways of doing things. You can very easily offend people by doing something against their culture. You should find about dressing or eating etiquettes, business practices, major festivals, etc.
- Transportation: Since people don’t have their own conveyance nor are they aware of the routes and directions in a foreign country, there is an essential need of transportation services like auto-cabs, buses, car rentals, metro train, etc. Often people prefer to opt for car rentals such as the well-known global service of car hires from firefly because they are much more convenient and economical. Having complete information about different transportation means comes extremely handy in a foreign land.
- Medical: Some countries have very specific rules and regulations regarding the foreign visitors because if a person has a medical condition that requires continuing medical care then the host country sees it as an additional expense. Hence, before traveling you should check for the specific medical requirements for entering that country.